One Definite Opinion on Writing Articles, And Other News.Posted: July 7, 2012
So, I know that you guys all know that I’m a writer of few opinions. What you’re about to hear though may shock and amaze you, in which case.
I despise numbered articles. You know, those “10 ways to blah blah blah!” or “37 tips to gobbledy gook!” ones that you see plastered over every magazine and blog from here to eternity. I have no actual clue who started this awful trend of writing (although I suspect Cosmo with their listed suggestions of man pleasing), but I see it as the lazy writers way to bang out an article. Besides, it takes zero mental effort to read those things. They’re more like a literary “to do” list, which I guess technically most of those articles are if you really think about it.
Anyways, I won’t insult your intelligence with a top ten list. Never. Instead I’ll just sneak in links to our Facebook page and Twitter feed through my favorite links of the week. I mean, it’s not like this took me ten minutes to write or doesn’t challenge you to think critically or anything. Obvs.
- Okay, really, we’re just not smart enough to glance at a label before chugging our sugar water? (Huffington Post)
- Like our Facebook page and I may actually update it regularly.
- A sad day for fans of traditional French cuisine. RIP Escoffier. (Poughkeepsie Journal)
- I expected this to be as good as babies eating lemons. It wasn’t nearly as dramatic. (Huffington Post)
- Twitter. Just twitter.
- Just to be clear, the apron says KISS the cook. Also, eat something before ordering Mr. Low Blood Sugar. (NDTV)
- Its a Fourth of July Doritos Locos miracle! (Consumerist)
- Ha ha, haaaaa.. Bloomberg. (Huffington Post)
- Water, coffee, time, boom. Price markup. (Delish)
- Sometimes we Pinterest, sometimes we don’t. Either way, you should not just pretend to like us.
- Wow, imagine what people did for thousands of years before Frigidaire was invented. (Consumerist)
- I know, lets just label our fare “healthy” by serving unsweet tea here. Really, Gordon Ramsay?? (Eater)
- This most awesomely proves that there is more than one way to portion your fruit. (Huffington Post)
- If you have ever wasted $13 on a cherry pitter that you use maybe once a year, this if freaking genius. (Lifehacker)
- Holy crap, that wasn’t a kale smoothie? (Eater)
- You mean that Wheat Thins aren’t looking out for my health? This, like that most excellent kale smoothie, is blowing my mind. (Consumerist)
- Fat vegetarian Chinese volleyball players, I have no pity for thee. (Jezebel)
- Hansen and Gretel, P.I.! (Huffington Post)